I looked around and saw that space heater was melting the fake branches on my tree
For the past few weeks I have been thinking a lot about christmas. Christmas is my favorite time of year and I love to decorate my house. My husband always makes fun of me because I like to decorate the house way too early. Normally I have all my christmas decorations up before thanksgiving. I know that might seem crazy to some people, but I just love getting into the holiday spirit early! So, this year was like every other and I started to get the house decorated for Christmas at the end of October. I pulled out a space heater to warm up our cold living room while I decorated. I was blasting music while I decorated and was in my own little world. I needed to move the space heater because it was in my way while I was getting all the decorations up. However, I didn’t pay attention to where I moved the heater because I was too busy singing christmas music. I didn’t think the space heater was warmed up yet either. However, after about ten minutes of me moving the space heater, I started to smell something burning and my smoke detector started to go off. I looked around and saw that space heater was melting the fake branches on my tree. I could not believe that I was so careless about the space heater. I turned it off right away, but now I am going to have to wait for the space heater to cool down so I can clean it. I think I am going to have to buy a new tree as well.